Borrego Springs, California, is located between the Salton Sea and the Pacific Ocean.
- Elevation: 780 feet above sea level.
- County: San Diego.
- Distances: 78 miles northeast of the city of San Diego in the Borrego Valley of southeastern California. The Salton Sea is 30 miles to the east following S-22. Borrego Springs is also 40 miles from the border of Mexico.
- Desert: in the extreme western Sonoran Desert completely surrounded by the 600,000+ acre Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
- Mountains: Surrounded by the Santa Rosa (8,000 ft), San Ysidro (6,500 ft) and Vallecito (3,600) mountains.
- Highways: County Highways S-3 and S-22 meet in downtown Borrego Springs.
- Maps & Directions: Map & Directions to Borrego Springs.
- USGS 33°15′24″N, 116°22′30″W (33.2558717, -116.375012)GR1. (This is near the intersection of Palm Canyon Drive and Borrego Springs Road, where most maps place the community).
- USCB 33°14′50″N, 116°22′19″W (33.247113, -116.371969)GR1. This is approximately 3,300 feet south-southeast of the USGS location. According to the United States Census Bureau, the Borrego Springs census-designated place (CDP) has a total area of 110.1 km² (42.5 mi²), all land.
Things to do in Borrego
More things to do in Borrego
Anza-Borrego Desert Learning
A full schedule of hikes, lectures, classes, field trips, tours, and other educational and recreational programs are offered during the desert season of approximately October - May. Please check the websites of the organizations below for detailed program schedules.